What is a Patient Portal?
- An online application that allows patients to log in securely and view information in their charts.
- The Portal can be accessed all hours of the day and night.
- CCFHS grants patients access (with a secure username and password) to their chart information as well as other great features.
- Timely electronic access to your health information and electronic copies of your health record.
- Can reply to a secure message from your provider or your provider’s nurse instead of leaving a phone message.
- Data is exchanged in a HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) compliant and secure fashion.
- Fill out paper work in the luxury of your own home.
How do I get started?
Just provide the front office staff an e-mail address that belongs to you and you only. You will receive a temporary password from them. Your temporary password will only be used the first time you log in to your portal account. You will then be prompted to create a new password and to set up security questions. Once you create your new password and security questions you will have access to your portal account.
Patient Portal Benefits:
Allows patients to request appointments
Allows patients to request Prescription Refills
Allows patients to view lab results and other clinical information
Allows patients to see clinic’s hours of operation
Allows patients to sign agreements online
Allows patients to complete new registration forms online (to avoid filling out in waiting room)
Allows patients to submit home monitor readings (Blood Pressure, etc.)